Wednesday, August 3, 2011

White House Community Briefing

This week I will represent Detroit at the White House Community Briefing Series in Washington, DC. Selected community leaders from across the country have been invited to hear from key White House staff about the policies and programs of the federal government and how to best utilize these resources. I will also have the opportunity to provide feedback on federal government programs and how these programs can be improved to better serve the City of Detroit. In particular, I will plan to talk to White House staff about several challenges confronting Detroit in particular, including children and families, home foreclosures and jobs.

Following the White House meeting, we will participate in an Agency Briefing. I will meet with the Department of Energy to discuss many of the environmental issues plaguing Metro-Detroit. Let me know if you have specific environmental issues that you would like for me to address.

No comments:

Post a Comment